Effective Power-filled New Year’s Prayers for a Fresh Start Peace and Comfort in 2022. We are occasionally disturbed in life by events and circumstances beyond our control, which cause us to lose our calm. In such situations, where do we turn and to whom do we flee? Only through prayer can we find consolation and have our hearts at ease, for God is deeply concerned about us. We are assured and become aware of how much peace and comfort flows from him to us when we seek him in prayer.
As the year 2021 has come to a close, it may be tough to see the positive aspects of what it has delivered. This year’s events have brought unanticipated change to everyone’s lives due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, the rise in gun violence, and the mounting threat of climate-related war (to name a few instances). The conclusion of a year is generally associated with happy memories and a long list of New Year’s resolutions to keep, but 2021 has left us in desperate need of hope, healing, and serenity.
Even if the tensions of 2021 don’t evaporate the moment the clock strikes midnight on January 1, starting the year with New Year’s prayers will help you establish the greatest intentions for 2022. Praying is often associated with religious people, however, there are many prayers that may be used to any aspect of your life, even if you are not religious. Prayers are nothing more than love letters to God that flow from your heart at the moments you need them, whether they originate from the Bible or from those who have wished to support you through a difficult time.
These new Year’s prayers will perhaps give you a fresh start after a tough year and help you embark on a chapter worth celebrating again if you haven’t quite found the appropriate words to get you motivated for what may be a year of new beginnings. Every New Year provides an opportunity to reflect on and move forward in God’s plan and promises for your life. Although the previous year may have presented you with some unanticipated obstacles, the start of a new year provides an opportunity for renewed hope and determination.
As you remember God’s kindness and faithfulness, you can look forward to the future year. Rather than making resolutions, concentrate on your relationship with God! New Year’s prayers are an excellent method to express your wishes to God. Keep these handy at the start of the year and throughout the year to remind yourself that God is with you and for you. Throughout the coming year, may these prayers bring you hope, comfort, and serenity.
Let’s make a New Year’s resolution together: Instead of trembling in fear, I will face the fear with the bravery that the Lord supplies for me today (and this year), I will petition God for strength in this area of weakness and believe that His grace will supply what I require. And I’ll pray for wisdom and guidance in regards to so that the Holy Spirit can lead me with heavenly wisdom that is far greater than anything I could come up with on my own.
A Prayer for Hope in the New Year
Dear Lord, as we begin a new year, I turn to You for hope, joy, and peace. Give me the fortitude to complete all of Your requests. Please make me brave enough to refuse to do anything that isn’t from You. Show me how to walk with grace and more fully embrace Your love for me. Amen, in Jesus’ name. Holly Gerth is a well-known author.
Greetings, Father! I thank You that there are ends and new beginnings in every season of life. I praise You for Your Word, which reminds us that there is a season for everything under heaven. As a result, I thank You for the things in my life that have come to an end, and I bless You for the new beginnings. I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Greetings, Father! You are the God of love, and I am grateful that You are always there for me at times of change and transition. “The Lord Your God goes with you,” Your Word says, and I believe it. As a result, as I enter this new season, I will not be concerned about the unknown, but I will declare Your Word, which says, “I must not be concerned about anything, but in everything, through prayer and supplication, I will make my requests known unto You.” Amen. — Deuteronomy 31:6
Lord, I am constantly fighting against change. Settle into what’s familiar and comfortable. But I’m sure you’re working on something fresh. Thank you for always remaining faithful, true, trustworthy, and full of grace, even when everything around me changes. Please assist me in determining where I should go and what I should do. Show me how to say goodbye to past seasons and possibilities and how to welcome new ones. Please remind me of your presence and assist me in remaining strong and fearless while knowing that You are present. Amen, in Jesus’ name. Heather C King, PhD.
Today, Father, I choose to forget the past. I don’t want anything to get in the way of the bright future You’ve planned for me. I choose forgiveness and beg that You, by Your Spirit, assist me in moving ahead in all areas of my life. In the name of Jesus. Amen. Father in Heaven, As this chapter of my life comes to an end, I am set to start on new beginnings. As a result, I ask that You guide and instruct me as I face new obstacles. Will You stay close to me, Father, so that I do not wander away from You? You are my Good Shepherd, and I am Your sheep; so, as I trust You in all things, please enable me to keep my gaze set on You. Through the guidance of Your Holy Spirit, provide me with everything I need to begin this new path. Thank you, Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
A Prayer for More of Jesus
Dear Lord, I need more of You… more of You and less of me trudging through another year of faith. You are stronger than I am. That’s why this new year, I don’t need more resolution; I just need more of You. Amen, in Jesus’ revolutionary name. Wendy Speake is a writer who lives in the United States.
We devote our hearts to learning and our lives to walking, trusting you, O God of constant love. Teach us the truth so that we may walk boldly. Teach us to be merciful so that we can walk in humility. Teach us forgiveness so that we can walk compassionately. Teach us grace so that we can walk confidently. Teach us to be amazed so that we can walk in praise. Teach us goodness so that we can walk with others who are in need. May we learn to walk wisely from you, O God of constant love. Amen. J. — Bradley Wigger is a British actor.
I believe that I am about to embark on a magnificent new year of prayer and worship. With God’s and mankind’s service, and with inspired creative activity. I think that God’s presence will accompany me wherever I go this year, whether by train, Ireland, car, or boat, on foot or in the air. I believe that his love shines in my body, that his wisdom leads my thoughts, that his tranquillity fills me with poise, and that his power is always available to me. Oh, I believe this is the New Year of God. — Lamb, Elizabeth Searle
You, Eternal God, gave us the greatest gift of all: life. Please assist us in making good use of it in the coming year. May we become more generous, kind, and forgiving, as well as have more hope, faith, and love. Amen. — Evan Moffic, Rabbi
I place myself in your hands, Father. Do whatever you want with me. I appreciate everything you do. I am prepared for everything and accept it. Only your will be done in me, as well as in all of your creatures. My spirit is entrusted to your care. I offer it to you with all of my heartfelt affection. For I love you, Lord, and I want to give myself to you, to surrender myself to you without reservation and with unwavering faith, because you are my Father. Amen. — Foucauld, Charles
Lord, I pause to express thanks whether I leave behind a year of delight or of struggles and difficulties. Thank you for being there for me every single day of the year. Thank you for making everything new and for granting me the grace of new beginnings and fresh begins. Remind me of your presence in the days ahead, even when I’m feeling pressed for time. This year, be praised in my life. Amen Heather C King, PhD.
A New Year’s Prayer of Promise
Thank you very much, God. Thank you for all of the smiles, jokes, songs, and prayers that were exchanged throughout 2019. And thank You for the assurance that You will be with me as I travel through 2020. You pledge to be with me through deep waters, challenging rivers, and unbearable heat. This year, may my actions bear witness to Your promises. Amen, in Jesus’ name.
God, the Lover, Every move and change brings you closer to us. We recall your deep compassion, presence, and abounding love as we begin this new age with enthusiasm and perhaps some trepidation. We are grateful for the abilities, talents, and skills you have bestowed upon us. We are grateful for the experiences that have led us to this point. Thank you for allowing us to draw on the work of others to broaden and deepen our own. Join us as we celebrate and encourage one another as we go forward. In your Holy Name, we pray. — Shadle, Joseph P.
Let us give thanks for everything we have to be thankful for as the new year begins: our health, our families, and our friends. Let us let go of our grudges, wrath, and sufferings, for they are nothing more than tying knots in our hearts. Let us live each day in the most compassionate, God-conscious manner possible. Let us help everyone in need, regardless of race, colour, or creed. Let us shout God’s name every day and maintain God of our own knowledge in our hearts. Let us lead the world from darkness to light, from deception to truth, and from injustice to justice. Let us remember that we are all one, welcoming all and making no distinctions. May this year be one of peace, wealth, and love for you. May God’s blessings fall upon you and grant each of you a prosperous, healthy, and peaceful new year. -Marcy Sheremetta, Rev.
God of all time, grant us the grace to begin the New Year calmly, reflecting on who we are to ourselves and others, aware that our actions have consequences and that our words have power. May we proceed with caution. We may only speak after we have given careful consideration to what has been said. Creator of all life, may we welcome the New Year with reverence, knowing that you have given beauty and purpose to every creature and plant, every person and habitat. May we have a sensitive attitude toward the planet. Let us strive to respect rather than destroy. Lower of all souls, may we start the New Year with joy, ready to laugh, dance, and dream, grateful for our many blessings and looking forward to those still to come. May we be grateful for your extravagant love in this new year. May the grace and peace of Christ bless us now and in the days to come. — Vinita Hampton Wright; Douglas Ruschman’s offer
May the Lord bless my New Year with joy. Not by protecting me from sadness and anguish, but by preparing me to face it if it occurs. By making me sturdy enough to traverse any route, not by making my path simple. Not by taking away my troubles, but by removing all cowardice and fear from my heart as I face them. By keeping my face brilliant even in the shadows, rather than by providing me with endless brightness. Not by making my life always pleasant, but by revealing to me where men and His cause most need me, and by inspiring me to go there and aid. Please, God, make this year a happy one for me.
Father in Heaven, At 12 a.m., When the previous year comes to an end, And the new rushes in with a vengeance. Knowing gives me courage. That within the next 12 months The snow will melt. The buds are about to explode. The temperature will climb. The leaves will flutter away. All of these things will occur. according to Your plans Also, in Your own time; That Your cosmos is well-ordered, And the fact that I am a part of it. -Van Varner
When You’re Stumbling into the New Year Empty and Drained
Dear Jesus, please let me exchange my emptiness for anticipation. This new year, I invite you to do a new work in me. Amen, in Jesus’ name. Alicia Bruxvoort
Thank you for making everything new. Thank you for everything you’ve let into our lives this year, both good and bad, reminding us how much we need you and how much we rely on your presence filling us every day. We pray that your Spirit will guide us during this New Year. We pray that you would lead us in our decisions and that you will transform our hearts to desire you above everything else. We ask that you open doors that need to be opened and close doors that need to be closed tightly. We pray for your assistance in letting go of the things to which you’ve said “no,” “not yet,” or “wait,” and for guidance in prioritizing you over every hope and desire you’ve placed in our hearts.
We ask for your knowledge, strength, and power to be present in us at all times. We pray that you would give us the strength and courage we need to face the challenges ahead. Give us abilities beyond what we think we have and allow your gifts to flow freely through us so that you are honoured by our life and others are drawn to you.
We hope that you would keep us safe from temptation’s snares and traps. That you would whisper in our ears when we needed to flee and in our hearts when we needed to stand firm. We ask that you keep our families and friends safe. We beg for your hand to protect us and keep us secure from the enemy’s bad intent; for you to be a barrier around us, for us to be safe in your hands. We pray for wisdom and discernment beyond our years so that we might understand your will, hear your voice, and know your ways.
Keep your words of truth firmly planted in our hearts, enable us to stay focused on what is pure and good, and give us the strength to obey your commands. And when the enemy reminds us of where we’ve been, hissing his lies and attacks our way, we trust that your voice will speak louder and clearer, reminding us that we’re secure with you and that your goals and plans will succeed. We ask that you serve as our defence and rear guard, ensuring that our path is clear, obstructions are removed, and dangers are avoided. Lord, please lead us on level terrain.
Prayer for Faith and Forgiveness
We beg that you keep our steps steady and steady, allowing us to be constant and faithful. Give us miraculous stamina to follow the course, without deviating to the right or left, or becoming too easily sidetracked by anything that might try to pull us away from a close walk with you. Forgive us for working so hard to be self-sufficient that we forgot our need for you and lived without your spirit.
Forgive us for allowing fear and worry to take control of our brains, as well as pride and selfishness to wreck havoc on our lives. Please forgive us for not following your instructions and for living so far away from you. We admit that we are in desperate need of you…fresh…new…again. For the coming year, we beg that you make everything new in our hearts, brains, and lives. We pray that you would refresh us.
We beg for your grace and favour, and we ask that you provide for our necessities. We hope that you will shower your blessings on us, that you will help us prosper, and that you will see to it that every plan you have conceived in our hearts comes to fruition. We pray that others observe your generosity and can’t help but comment, “These are the ones whom the Lord has blessed.”
Let your light shine in, through, and over us. For your glory and objectives, may we make a difference in this world. Set yourself ahead of us. May all of your plans come to fruition. We can be a reflection of your serenity and optimism in a world in desperate need of your presence and healing.
I lay down my rusted armour, self-defences, and any other justification for not living victoriously. Purge my negative habits, set me free from erroneous expectations, and fill my heart, soul, and mind with good thoughts and deeds. This year, I’d like to exchange my past failures for Your divine appointments. My life is Yours, Jesus; my relationships are Yours, and everything I have is Yours. Set my feet on the right path this year, and give me insight so that I can make the best decisions that glorify You. Allow me to view others as You see them, as valuable creations.
Renew the abilities and gifts You’ve given me so that I might help others as You’ve blessed me. My yearning for perfection is foolish, I recognize. My connection with You is based on Your presence in my life, not on my performance. I’m going to make mistakes. I don’t have to be flawless, though! Because of Your death and resurrection, You’ve already made me acceptable in Your eyes. My past, present, and future were all covered by you. You’ve provided me with everything I’ll need for the future year. Lord, I am complete in You. Assist me in accepting my flaws and adopting Your mirror as my own. I’d like to reflect on You on a daily basis.
Prayer for Victorious New Year
Lord Jesus, in this brand new year, I come to you with a wish to move ahead rather than backward. Last year has passed, and with it, all of my blunderings. In this coming year, I’m excited to leave the past behind me and press on toward the goal of knowing you, loving you, serving you, and making Your name known.
I’m in desperate need of You, Lord. I won’t be able to meet the heavy demands of life or the unremitting difficulties I’ll confront this year without You. I’m making a new commitment today—not a New Year’s resolution, but a new desire to put You first in my life, as You always have been. Make Scripture’s “I will” my affirmations: “I will trust You, worship You, and follow You.” I will replace fear with faith, knowing You are always with me. And it will be a triumphant New Year with You on my side.
I may have a triumphant new year and a triumphant life because of Your love and the price You paid for my sin. You’ve given me a new “want-to” in my life and heart. And when the calendar flips a fresh page in this brand new year, I want to live it for You more than ever. There is no conflict in my life that is greater than the one I have with You. You, Jesus, are victorious!
We love You, Father, and we are grateful that our names are written in the palm of Your hand. Nothing can ever separate us from Your love because You love us unconditionally. May we be more aware than ever before of the breadth, depth, and length of Your love. And may our lives be a living testimony of You as we live out that love. We pray in the almighty and magnificent name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord, who will go above and beyond everything we could ever ask or dream. Amen. Wendy Blight (Wendy Blight)
A Prayer for Hope After a Hard Year
Thank you, God, for assisting us in getting through this trying year. Thank you for guiding us through the turbulence of deep seas, the fires of trials, and the heartbreak of hard losses. We are always aware of how much we rely on you, your grace, strength, and power to get us through even the most difficult days.
This season, please help us keep our attention on you. Please forgive us if we spent too much time and energy on other things, or if we looked to other people before coming to you. Assist us in rethinking what Christmas is actually all about. Thank you for coming to provide fresh life, peace, hope, and joy to the world. Thank you for making your strength flawless in our weakness.
Help us to remember that the gift of Christ, Immanuel, is our greatest treasure throughout the year, not only at Christmas. Fill us with your pleasure and your Spirit’s serenity. Direct our thoughts and hearts to you. Thank you for reminding us that you’re still with us in both happy and sad times. Because you never abandon us. Thank you for your daily tremendous Presence in our lives, and for allowing us to know that your heart is toward us, your eyes are on us, and your ears are open to our prayers. Thank you for surrounding us with favour like a shield, and for keeping us secure in your care.
Today, we chose to draw closer to you and keep you at the forefront of our minds and emotions. We would almost certainly fail if it weren’t for you, but there is immense hope for you. Thank you for your healing abilities and for ushering us into this new season. We’re excited to see what else You have planned. Debbie McDaniel is a writer who lives in New York City.
A Simple Prayer for the New Year
Please, Lord, take priority in my life today and always. You are definitely the Only One who satisfies, the Only One who will never let me down, and the Only One who deserves to be my heart’s captain. Thank You for your everlasting love for me (Jeremiah 31:3). May every thought I have, every word I speak, and every action I perform today please Your heart, demonstrating to You – and the rest of the world – Who is on the throne of my life. May my love for You and what You have done for me drive everything I do today. Cindi McMenamin
Greetings, God! Thank You for your fresh start. What a fantastic day it is, with a new year’s worth of possibilities stretching out before me. This year, I desire to be found faithful in whatever chance You present to me. Thank You for new beginnings, Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen. — David McGee, pastor
Jesus, Lord, I am grateful that You are with me and within me. Resolutions may appear one year and then vanish the next. This year, open my ears so that I can hear and enjoy You at every fork in the road when You instruct me to take a right or a left. Amen. — Briscoe, Pete
Greetings, God! Give me the strength to start afresh – to ignore the challenges, to conquer the impediments, and to be as open to the moment as possible. Help me to be patient enough to realize that starting again takes time and intelligent enough to seek assistance from friends and family when I need it. May I reflect on the past as I turn to the future and recall the lessons it has taught me. And, God, may I look to you for support and direction at all times. Abbey Caskets is a company that specializes in caskets.
Greetings, God! On this day, may I request that you grant my request? Every instant of every day, may I be aware of myself and what I am. May I be a source of light and love for people who look at me, and may I inspire those who look at me. May I have the bravery to speak up even when I’m afraid, and the strength to stand strong in the face of controversy. May I be humble enough to listen to my heart and passionate enough to pursue my soul’s desires. May I attempt to understand the highest truth while ignoring my lower self’s gravitational pull. Is it possible for me to accept and love myself completely? Both my gloom and my light. Is it possible for me to be brave enough to listen to my heart? Allowing it to soften in order for me to graciously choose trust over fear. Today is my day to let go of anything that stands in the way of my humanity’s sacredness and divinity. May I be absorbed by Your love and saturated in my holiness. May everything else fade away. -Debbie Ford is a writer.
Short Peace and Comfort Prayers
1. May your heart find peace and comfort no matter what is going on around you now or in the future.
2. Your serenity is all I require; it is sufficient and satisfying, far exceeding Gold and Silver. Today and every day, I wish for your serenity.
3. God, ease my heart from all of the world’s difficulties and let me find peace as it comes from your heart, I pray.
4. Fill my heart with serenity so that I may rejoice and be comforted all the days of my life.
5. It is my prayer for you that you will have complete peace of mind in everything you do.
6. I pray for peace to encircle my home and fill my heart.
7. I kneel in prayer for all of my friends, near and far, to find peace today and always.
8. I pray for peace on my heart, soul, and all of my friends now and always to the LORD.
9. Because peace is an essential component of the LORD’s presence, may the LORD’s presence, which is peace itself, be with me while I travel today.
10. In prayer, I look not to the east nor to the west, but to the LORD, because He will always comfort me beyond what I can understand.
A Prayer for God’s Love
11. My comfort comes from the able-breasted one, and my serenity is always from him, for my prayers are directed solely to him.
12. He is sufficient and also the GOD of all peace, for seeking him brings assurance, and He has assured me as I prayed for you that you will lie in quiet and rise in comfort every day.
13. Because the LORD consoles me with bread from his table on a regular basis, my prayers are directed to him, for He is the source of true comfort.
14. As I prayed for you, dear friend, I will sing songs of gratitude to the LORD and make melodies of many tunes in my heart, for the LORD promised me of comfort and peace.
15. May you and your family always be clothed in comfort and protected by peace.
16. Possessions I prayed for many things, but above all, I wish that you be constantly soothed as you go about your daily lives on our planet.
17. If I had the money, I would deposit truckloads of peace on you in such a way that they would overwhelm you, and that is exactly what I will do in prayer for you, my friend.
18. May your words and actions always offer comfort to your heart and the hearts of others with whom you come into contact.
19. Do not be dismayed, for the LORD promised that if I mentioned you in prayer, you would find peace now and forever, for he loves you.
20. The LORD will establish your feet and cover you at all times on the mountain of peace, for He is always watching over you.
Prayer for Letting Go of Last Year
21. May a river of peace flow through your heart at all times, as I pray for you.
22. Give thanks to the Lord in your prayers, for he has promised me that you will never be without peace.
23. May you constantly find solace in the LORD’s reassuring arm.
24. Peace is yours, Lord, grant my friends unimaginable peace in everything they do.
25. Peace is a gift, and it is this gift that I wish for every one of my friends and family.
Today’s Hot Topics
26. I ask that you will console my weeping heart, quench my thirst, and offer me peace now and forever.
27. I pray for peace like a river in my heart and comfort on all sides.
28. Because it is preferable to live in peace than in an abundance of possessions, I pray that the Lord grant you peace all around you.
29. Let there be no grief in my heart, only serenity, and trust that you will console me.
30. There will be no peace without the LORD, for only he grants peace. Come to GOD in prayer and obtain peace.
Prayer for Grace and Favor in the New Year
31. As you go out today, be reassured on all sides by the things that are important to you.
32. Today, I pray that you find solace in things other than your hands and what is going on around you.
33. The LORD’s blessings offer comfort and serenity to the heart; enjoy the comfort that comes from the LORD’s blessing.
34. May serenity wash over you like a garment from deep inside your heart, now and always.
35. There is a certainty of peace for the LORD’s people, regardless of what may befall them, and since you belong to that class, I wish you enjoy the peace that belongs to the LORD’s elect.
36. I hope that the LORD bless you with peace and comfort now and in the future.
37. There is a prayer in my heart for you, my friend, that you be grounded in peace on all sides and never experience difficulties.
38. This morning, I come before the throne with a desire that, above and beyond wealth and riches, I may enjoy daily serenity and not be discouraged.
39. As you go out this week, may you be comforted by the LORD’s mercies, like the soothing coolness of dew on the soil.
40. My tranquillity is renewed as I stand on God’s promises alone, and I mount up wings like an eagle, soaring high above evil reports all around me.
Prayer for Protection for Family and Friends
41. Sincerely, Father I thank you for the daily blessings you shower upon me and for always keeping me in your shade, filling me with serenity and comforting my heart.
42. I offer up my heart in humble devotion to the Father of Life, and I drop my cares at your feet. Listen to my tears and come to me with a blanket of warmth.
43. Resounding melodies shall come forth from deep within my heart unto the Lord, for he has lifted up my head and set me high; in due season, the LORD has released comfort to me and made peace a companion.
44. There are no words to express all the LORD has done for me, His cares and mercies he has made to be like a wall of comfort round me all day long and my heart is assured in this for he has declared peace unto me.
45. My soul glorifies the Lord, my Spirit rejoice in the Lord my saviour, the Lord has done mighty things for my sake and made me relax in peace all day long.
46. Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, forget not his deeds for mighty works has he revealed in righteousness and made mercy like a cloak round me in this my heart rejoice and relax in comfort.
47. Give ear to my cry, take heed unto my prayers for I shall pour them forth as a libation upon your throne and daily shall they ascend before you. In mercy satisfy my heart
48. This is my cry all day long that my heart might find mercy at your sight and I be granted comfort for only you can satisfy me
49. The works of your hand sing forth your praise and the heavens rejoice in knowing your mercy flows all around, establish peace as a foundation for my heart and comfort as a covering for me from the troubles all seen and heard daily.
50. What the Lord has done for me, I will declare on the rooftop and sing of his covenant upon the mountain with rejoicing and gladness of heart for I am confident in the outpouring of his mercy unto me.
Long Prayers of Peace and Comfort
51. I’m weak and heavy laden, give ear to my cry for they ascend unto you, am troubled on all sides help me to stand… This is my heart cry unto thee that you give me comfort beyond what words can express and lift my head up that I might find peace Amen.
52. I pray for those who are grieving today. I ask for your comfort to surround those whose heart bleeds and weep. I pray for the peace of your presence to envelop every mind and thoughts, such that we might be assured in the knowledge that the enemy can never steal us out of your hands. We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death
53. Under the shadow are we kept safe all day long, under the wings lies our comforting abode where we are shed from every assault, make our hearts align with the desire to seek this abode of peace always that we might be comforted in thee O’Lord.
54. I look to thee, yes my eyes are lifted up to thee in the days of heavy battering and anguish on all sides my heart will find peace in knowing you are all with me, comfort me with your presence and let joy fill my heart at your presence.
55. I have tasted and seen that the LORD is sweeter than honey and of more comfort than all the earth may put together, in the days of sojourn upon the earth, I have known peace as a shield and comfort as a covering for I have placed my trust in God, therefore, I be not afraid.
56. I lay it all down at your feet, every burden, every care, every worry. This is my confidence that the safest place for it to be is at your feet and so I placed it there that I might return without any of them and be comforted seeing you have taken it all away.
57. He has made me forget it all, yes he has made me forget it all the tears of the past, the disappointment of the yesteryears, swift is the work of God, I call upon him and swift is the work of God. Now am glad for He has replaced it all with peace.
58. Your ways are higher than my ways, your thoughts higher than my thoughts so also is your peace above all form of peace through it all I still have peace, I still have peace for you, LORD, are my peace.
60. Lord, how are they risen that trouble me, many are they that rise up against me, many there be which says of my soul there is no help for him but you Lord are the peace to me, you are my comfort you lift my heart, for you Lord are my peace alone, therefore, my heart makes merry for the peace is here with me.
Prayer for Strength and Power in the Year Ahead
61. Give ear O shepherd of Isreal you who me as like a sheep, Give ear O shepherd of my soul for at all times I lift up my voice unto thee… Give peace unto us that we might have comfort and be assured that you are for us.
62. In the morning it is you, at noon it is you and even in the night it is you for all I see is you as I worship and adore you, you are all the peace I need to me
63. Here and now, I lift up my hands in humble adoration and my friends in total submission to you as it is written “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people with peace” for the blessing of the LORD is peace, therefore, I bless all my friends now and always.
64. All power, all honour, all glory to you. Holy Father we worship you, previous Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort and more comfort upon our every deed for comfort.
65. Dear God, Give us wisdom to make the best choices for our family. Give us grace to trust in you even when we don’t see immediate answers. Give us hope to carry on in spite of the circumstances around us. We thank you for hearing and answering our prayer. We thank you for your constant care and peace. In your name, amen.
66. Anchored upon John 14:27; Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. I, therefore, declare peace upon all my friends, the families and everyone associated with them
67. That you give thoughts to me excites me, that I found a place in your heart gives me comfort for what more can I ask of you than to be made a vehicle of your peace to all around me in every one of my transactions and interactions with people.
68. Dear Lord God, Father of all creations, who watches over us and who has made the earth his footstool. You created us upon earth as an extension of you meant to bring your dominion to bear in all we do but often times for we are on earth, we are depressed and confused by happenings around us. I pray that you will help us to always remember you are with us, comfort us amidst the storm with your peace and strengthen our hearts that we might always know that we have you as our outstanding peace.
69. In the morning my mouth will declare of you, you will be my song in the afternoon and yet also at night will I make melodies of what you have done and tell of how you poured peace upon my heart that is not moved and tossed to and fro by all around me but found an anchor in you upon which all am safely assured riding upon your comfort and dwelling in your peace.
70. Away from all the troubles of the world, the LORD has hidden me and bless His Holy Name for away from the curses, away from the afflicted He made my tent even away from the scourge of the enemy he took me, Father thank you for the working of your power towards me. I worship before thee O Lord of Glory and declare forth that you alone will be my God always for I have found no greater comfort than to rest upon your heart and upon your heart is where I want to always rest.
A Prayer for Holy Spirit Direction in the New Year
71. Jesus, you took it all away, the sufferings upon the cross a remainder of the thoughts you have towards me, from my sorrows and all my troubles I have come to you with a heart of thanksgiving, away from the distractions, away from it all I have come to find your peace and comfort. I receive both your peace that assures and your overwhelming comfort upon my life in the name of Jesus. Amen
72. Alpha Omega, beginning the end, Lord I stand before you Maker of the heavens and the God that spreads the cloud as a blanket, amaze at your work the invisible king who we see his works and give all homage to. All peace are in your possession for you are the God of all peace therefore for your people I know peace is assured and am saying thank you for peace that goes beyond my present situation. Grant more expression of peace in my living amen
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot… Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
74. On my watch, I heard the LORD saying ” You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You”, I receive it for myself, my friends and family. Let it be unto us according to your word. We pray for this that the word dwells in our hearts and we understand it fully to be able to live it out always. Amen
75. All of my days I enquire in thy temple to know what you will say and have me know for your words are sweeter than wine then I hear “peace be still and know that I am God” therefore I pray for my friends that they enjoy peace and the issues facing them hear the voice of the LORD saying “peace be still” Amen.
76. God has done wondrous things, people said it is finished but the Father says it is not even close therefore I praise His Name. I praise Him always for the comfort of His presence is more than enough for me, the comfort of His presence I prayed for and He heard the prayers of my heart asking for comfort.
77. Bless the Lord all that is within me and praise His Holy Name for terrible things He has done in righteousness and answered me out of the heavens with great peace. Thank you for giving me comfort over everything and even beyond what I can explain in Jesus Name. Amen
78. Grant our heart peace, make us know that only you can give comfort beyond our acquisition and labours. The best of the comfort we can give ourselves is temporary and fleeting. Help us to know and identify the comfort that comes from knowing you. Father, we ask in Jesus Name. Amen
79. Father, help me to know peace, help me to see you as my peace. I need the assurance of your peace upon my ways, guide me and teach me how to always see you as my peace in Jesus Name.
80. Lord, I come to you pouring out all my fears, anxieties and worries at your feet. Bring me into the knowledge of peace that passes all worldly knowledge and experiences, make a shining light of the strength of peace. I receive your promises of peace and comfort over my life. Amen.
Short prayer for the new year 2022
81. Periods I can handle alone stare me in the face, burdens I can’t carry along weigh me down. Would you hold my hands Lord and walk me through them all, bringing your peace to come for all to see, show forth the wisdom in your comfort and let my testimony be that it is you alone at work. Amen
82. Let me know you, let me handle peace, let the assuring wisdom of the many times you have led me through different circumstances comfort my heart. I welcome and receive all you have to give to me for peace and comfort to be seen and the strength that comes with it. Amen
83. I draw to you in prayers, you calm my fears and end my fretful behaviours just as you always in trivial and heavy matters not only give me peace but be my peace yourself. In stressful and anxious moments, give me the strength to run to you. Draw me close and personal that I might find comfort for my soul. Amen
84. I declare my trust in you even as I come to the understanding that trust is a big factor in understanding peace and say no to fear taking a position in my life. I release the reins of my life unto you and ask that you take control of it all, I turn it over unto you and help me to make and see this confession daily that I might be able to continually enjoy peace knowing you are in control. Amen
85. You bring good out of every circumstance when I believe and let go, thank you for every blessing my way, the trials my way and every good gift I have received for in both good times it is you and even in bad times you are all I have and none else. I surrender and admit and focus on your goodness which you have made me know for in your goodness I find peace flooding my heart and see comfort manifesting itself. Thank you for the goodness that is a comfort to my heart and life always. Amen
86. Calm my anxious Spirit, all the if’s and if not’s, if-only and what-if leave me drained and endless worry occupy my all. Confusion reigns and defeat starts to steal my joy but I need your peace that comes from deep down with my heart to be my comfort. Grant it to my heart and allow it to be my companion both now and always. Amen
87. My heart feels like a battleground, with a slew of competing thoughts vying for supremacy over my tranquillity. My tranquillity appears to be a mirage, and it appears to be a distant memory. Lord, I come to you in prayer. Please help me to know and be rooted in your peace, for it is all I need right now. Amen
88. Weighed down, pressed down, in tears and torments I wallow on my bed, Help me Lord is the cry on my lips for peace seems to have deserted me and rest far from me. Help me Lord to have you as my peace, not for a moment but as my enduring peace for always. Amen
89. Keep me in perfect peace for my mind is steadfast upon thee, help me to trust you more Lord that I might enjoy the peace you give. Open my heart and cleanse it of all that plagues it such that your peace might continually be my shield. Amen
90. Lord, I come to you for I am weary and burdened, I am heavily laden and need rest. I take of you for with you is a peace that passes all understanding, Help my heart, strengthen me that I may not lose the peace you give. Lord, I pray that the peace be established upon my ways also. Amen.
Prayer for the new year catholic
91. O’Lord I hunger for more of you, rise up within me and let me know your truth, come, Holy Spirit, saturate my heart, let your healing flow. Come and make me whole and let the peace of God let it reign always.
92. I am forever grateful for the mercies you show, my heart leaps with joy at the hearing of your name, my being is filled with strength for you are the peace that is strength unto me. Let me know you as my peace and see you beyond my God alone. Amen
93. We have a Father that is above Fathers, we have a God that is above gods, we know the Lord that is above Lord whose very ways are peace. We identify with the way of peace for that is the Lord himself. We receive peace for all our ways and for all our doings. Amen
94. Guide me in the way of peace God, for your way is the way of peace, for the path of seeing you is peace. Guide me along the path of seeing you that I might identify with peace and therein find peace for my life. Amen
95. My confession and prayer are that you lead me in the path for I choose your way and your way is peace. You are my shepherd and the sheep always find comfort in the guidance of the shepherd, besides the still water you lead me, in the green pastures you feed when I follow your instructions which is life unto me. This is comfort and peace unto me I receive it. Amen
96. I have read of your works, I will sing songs in prayer of your doings for the cry of my heart is a confession of what I identify with you are my peace, my indescribable peace, my steadfast anchor and unfailing comfort. You are my comfort throughout all the ages and I declare it aloud that the Lord is my comfort. Amen
97. Forsaken by all I put my trust in, deserted by those I thought I could identify with, where is my God is the question upon the heart of those who make mockery of me, peace they say in their heart has fled from him then I lift up my head in prayers and remember the covenant of the Lord, then I cause to come to remembrance that I read in the scriptures in John 16:33″I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace”, then my heart is strengthened and I lift up my voice in cry that I may the Lord is my peace upon the land of living. Amen
98. Where is a peace that I might know, where is a comfort that I might be satisfied? All day long I search, everywhere I look for answers but find none so I bow my knees in prayer and the Lord began to minister peace unto me as a child receives nourishment, I rejoice because the Lord has nourished me with peace from his table and given comfort to me. Amen.
99. Bring me peace God, grant me comfort from all that afflicts me, my eyes and voice are lifted in prayers unto you Lord… In a due season that I might not faint, bring me comfort and cause my heart to find peace. Amen.
100. Looking unto you the author and finisher of my faith, I lift my voice in confession that I know peace, I receive peace, I am not bothered by happenings around me, I know the Lord is my peace and I am assured in the knowledge that I have peace. Amen.
Keeping your strength and confidence during challenging times might be difficult. Praying for yourself and your family can bring you peace of mind and the strength you need to go through difficult times. Prayer can be an important part of helping you and your family live happier, more joy-filled lives. Keep these prayers on your laptop, phone, or even a piece of paper for you and your family. When you need to connect with God, pray for them alone or with a family member.