Inspiring Quotes About Education and the Power of Learning for Students and Teachers. A new school year is an exciting time for everyone, whether you’re a teacher or a student. These educational quotations can get you in the mood to teach and study at any moment. The school pushes us out of our comfort zones, instils in us the ability to dream large, and motivates us to reach our full potential.
As you prepare for another school year, whether you’re a parent, a student, or a teacher, we’ve got you covered. You don’t always need to say something profound to inspire and encourage yourself and the people around you. And, if you’re anything like me, those moments don’t come every day. Fortunately, there have been people throughout history who have had flashes of brilliance when discussing the concepts of education, teaching, and learning, and someone even wiser wrote it down.
We’ve compiled a compilation of the best education quotations regarding school, learning, and teaching to honour everything that education has to offer. Many of these quotes have significant connections to giving local speakers a voice in their schools. These quotes will give your pupils and coworkers the impression that you are a deep and thoughtful thinker, and will perhaps inspire and motivate them as well.
I hope you find them useful, whether you’re a student who needs a boost of motivation or a teacher who wants to inspire and make a difference in the lives of your pupils. We hope you enjoyed this collection of educational quotations on the importance of lifelong learning. One of the most powerful components of life is education. We can make sense of the world around us, the world inside of us, and where we fit into it through education and learning.
Which of these proverbs about education makes you want to study more? Education exposes us to new ideas and concepts that we can apply to better understand and appreciate the world around us and within us. Everything external in our environment is the world around us. Everything inside of us, such as our mind, body, and emotions, is the world within us.
Education is a powerful instrument for breaking down barriers. Both as an individual and as a society, education is at the heart of all progress and improvement. Because anything can be learnt, anything is possible. With that in mind, here are some inspirational education quotes to help you understand the value of studying and information.
Education Quotes to Motivate Students
1. Education is like lighting a fire rather than filling a jar. -Socrates
2. The most potent weapon you can employ to change the world is education. -Nelson Mandela was a famous South African leader.
3. “Education is the transmission of civilization,” said Will Durant.
4. Education is a passport to freedom and the key to opening the globe. -Oprah Winfrey
5. Education is not a means of preparing for life; it is life itself. -Dewey, John
6. Not information, but action is the primary goal of education. -Spencer, Herbert
7. Education’s roots are sour, but the fruit is sweet. -Aristotle
8. “Education is the art of making man ethical,” said Georg Hegel.
9. “Education is the art of transforming man into an ethical being.” – Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
10. A standing army is not a better protector of liberty than education. Edward Everett was a writer who lived in the nineteenth century.
Education quotes to ignite your spark for learning
11. The educated are the only ones who are free. -Epictetus
12. Education is the systematic formation of a thinking habit. -Ernest Dimnet is a writer who lives in the United States
13. The goal of education is to replace a closed mentality with an open one. -Forbes, Malcolm
14. Simply put, education is the essence of a civilization as it is passed from generation to generation. -Chesterton, Gilbert K.
15. Education is the process of instilling in our children a desire for the correct things. -Plato
16. “Education is the mother of leadership,” said Wendell Willkie.
17. Limiting the term ‘education’ to a person’s formal schooling is patently nonsensical. -Murray N. Rothbard (Murray N. Rothbard) is a
18. Education is a ticket to the future since those who prepare for it today will own it tomorrow. -Malcolm X
19. To the inquiring intellect, the entire world is a laboratory. -Martin Fisher is a writer who lives in the United
20. Education entails more than merely attending classes and earning a diploma. It’s all about broadening your horizons and taking in the truth of life. -Shakuntala Devi is a Hindu goddess.
Education quotes that will change the way you think
21. The ability to adapt to change is what intelligence is all about. -Stephen Hawking is a British physicist who
22. Don’t limit yourself to teaching your children to read. Teach children to think critically about what they read. Instil in them the habit of questioning everything. -Carlin, George
23. Even geniuses have questions. -Tupac Shakur is a rapper that was born in the United States
24. The only person who has learned how to learn and change has been educated. -Carl Rogers is a well-known figure in the world
25. “Encouragement is nine-tenths of education.” — Anatole France
26. Knowing isn’t enough; we also need to put our knowledge into practice. Willing isn’t enough; we have to take action. -Bruce Lee is a well-known martial artist.
27. Education without values, as beneficial as it is, appears to turn man into a more cunning devil. -C.S. Lewis
28. Any fool can figure it out. The goal is to comprehend. -Einstein, Albert
29. The process of growth is a series of rebirths. -Montessori, Maria
30. You become what you think. You attract what you feel. You create what you imagine. -Buddha
Education quotes that will inspire you to never stop learning
31. True education aims to develop both intelligence and character. -Martin Luther King, Jr. was a civil rights activist who was assassinated
32. In every community and every family, education is the foundation for progress. -Kofi Annan is the United Nations Secretary-General.
33. A person who refuses to read has no advantage over a person who is unable to read. -Twain, Mark
34. “Education is the gradual recognition of our ignorance,” Will Durant says.
35. After one has forgotten what they learnt in school, education is what remains. -Einstein, Albert
36. Education isn’t about filling a pail, but about starting a fire. -W.B. Yeats
37. Concerning education, I can simply say that I believe it is the most essential subject in which we as a people can be involved. -Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States
38. Education is defined as the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your cool or your self-esteem. -Frost, Robert
39. It’s pointless to educate the mind without also teaching the heart. -Aristotle
40. They won’t be able to stop me. I’ll receive my education whether it’s at home, school, or anywhere else. -Malala Yousafzai
Education quotes about challenging yourself
41. Education, in my opinion, is a leading out of what is already present in the soul of the student. Muriel Spark is a character in the film Muriel Spark
42. “Education consists primarily of what we have not learnt,” said Mark Twain.
43. “Education is mostly what we haven’t learnt,” said Mark Twain.
44. Education is about making a difference in other people’s lives and leaving your community and the world in a better state than you found it. -Marian Wright Edelman is a philanthropist.
45. The goal of education is to transform mirrors into windows. -Sydney J. Harris is a writer.
46. Self-education will make you a fortune; formal education will make you a living. -Jim Rohn is a well-known author and speaker.
47. The key to unlocking the golden door of freedom is education. -Carver, George Washington
48. Education entails more than merely attending classes and earning a diploma. It’s all about broadening your horizons and taking in the truth of life. -Shakuntala Devi is a Hindu goddess.
49. There will always be more questions than answers in the mind of a well-educated person. -Helen Keller is a well-known author.
50. Act as if you’re going to die tomorrow. As if you’re going to live forever, learn as if you’re going to live forever. -Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader.
Quotes on education and leadership
51. The learning process will continue till you pass away. -Kirk Douglas is a well-known actor.
52. “Learning never exhausts the mind,” said Leonardo da Vinci.
53. “The mind is never exhausted by learning.” — Leonardo da Vinci
54. Only the doer learns. -Friedrich Nietzsche (German: Friedrich Nietzsche)
55. I don’t hold a man in high regard who is not smarter now than he was yesterday. -Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States
56. Anything worth doing well is worth starting with a mediocre performance. -Congdon, Ray
57. We do not learn to be better than we are from ourselves. -Berry, Wendell
58. The more I learn and study, the more certain I am that I know nothing. -Voltaire
59. It is not necessary to learn. Survival isn’t one of them. -W. Edwards Deming, PhD.
60. I altered the world yesterday because I was intelligent. I’m wise today, so I’m changing myself. -Rumi
Funny quotes about education and success
61. The more you read, the more information you will get. The more you learn, the more places you’ll be able to visit! -Dr. Seuss is a famous children’s author.
62. “A little learning is a dangerous thing,” Alexander Pope once said about education.
63. “A little knowledge can be dangerous.” — Alexander Pope
64. It’s simple to be a student. Learning necessitates significant effort. Crawford, William
65. Carrying a cat by the tail teaches you something you can’t learn any other way. -Twain, Mark
66. Learning is a priceless asset that will accompany its owner wherever he or she goes. -Proverb in Chinese
67. Nobody can take your education away from you, which is one of the most appealing aspects of it. -B.B. King
68. Learning does not happen by accident; it must be pursued with zeal and attended to with devotion. -Abigail Adams is a famous American author.
69. We learn more when we look for an answer to a question and don’t find it than when we get the solution. -Lloyd Alexander is a character in the film Lloyd Alexander
70. Once extended by a new notion, man’s mind never returns to its previous dimensions. Holmes, Oliver Wendell
Quotes on education by famous personalities
71. The goal of opening one’s mind, like one’s lips, is to close it on something substantial. -G.K. Chesterton
72. “They know enough who know how to learn,” Henry Adams once said about education.
73. “Those who know how to study know enough.” — Henry Adams
74. It’s not so much a shame to be uninformed as it is to be unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin was a founding father of the United States
75. Anyone who quits learning, whether they are twenty or eighty, is old. -Henry Ford is a famous American businessman.
76. Every act of deliberate learning necessitates the willingness to have one’s self-esteem harmed. That is why young toddlers learn so effortlessly before they are aware of their self-importance. -Szasz, Thomas
77. The eventual effect of any meaningful learning is changing. -Buscaglia, Leo
78. What matters is what you learn after you’ve learned everything. -Truman, Harry S.
79. It is typically what we already know that keeps us from learning new things. -Bernard, Claude
80. Always act as if you have something fresh to learn in life, and you will. -Howard, Vernon
Quotes about education in new normal
81. “All learning has an emotional basis,” said Plato.
82. “Emotions underpin all learning.” — Plato
83. Tell me something, and I’ll forget it. I remember what you teach me. If you involve me, I will learn. -Benjamin Franklin was a founding father of the United States
84. To grow, a plant requires roots. Man, on the other hand, grows into his roots and feels at home in the world only as he matures. -Eric Hoffer is a writer who lives in New York City
85. Wisdom can be learned in three ways: first, via reflection, which is the noblest approach; second, by imitation, which is the easiest method; and third, through experience, which is the most bitter manner. -Confucius
86. The highest return on investment is knowledge. -Benjamin Franklin was a founding father of the United States
87. Develop a thirst for knowledge. You will never stop growing if you do this. -D’Angelo, Anthony J.
88. Nothing can be learned unless one moves from the familiar to the unknown. -Bernard, Claude
89. Be inquisitive rather than pessimistic. -Walt Whitman was a poet who lived in the United States
90. “When you’re talking, you’re not learning anything.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
Quotes about education in new normal Tagalog
91. Learning does not happen by accident; it must be pursued with zeal and attended to with devotion. -Abigail Adams is a famous American author.
92. I’m still figuring things out. -Michelangelo
93. The longer I live, the more I discover. I realize that the more I learn, the less I know. -Michel Legrand is a French pianist and composer.
94. We learn through doing for the things we need to learn before we can accomplish them. -Aristotle
95. You are taught a lesson and then given an exam at school. You are given a test in life that teaches you a lesson. -Tom Bodett is a British actor.
96. Each school has its route to educational excellence. -Deal, Terrance
97. When we graduate, we don’t stop going to school. -Carol Burnett is a well-known actress and producer.
98. The school will have accomplished its goal if the students leave with a hunger for knowledge and an understanding of how to acquire and apply it. -Livingstone, Richard
99. “A child who is simply educated at school is uneducated.” — George Santayana
100. What a school believes about its library reflects its attitude toward education. -Howe, Harold
Education quotes for students
101. We were ‘literate’ at school, but we were not taught to read for pleasure. -Ambeth Ocampo is a character in the film Ambeth Ocampo
102. Encouragement is more important than instruction. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
103. In the long run, spoon feeding teaches us little more than the form of the spoon. -E.M. Forster
104. The highest return on investment is knowledge. -Benjamin Franklin was a founding father of the United States
105. We learn at school that mistakes are bad and that we will be penalized if we make them. However, we learn by making mistakes since that is how humans are created to learn. Falling is how we learn to walk. We would never walk if we never fell. -Robert T. Kiosaki is a well-known author and businessman.
106. Our most important resource is the human mind. -Kennedy, John F.
107. Children have the same desires as adults. Laughing, being challenged, being entertained, and being delighted. -Dr. Seuss is a famous children’s author.
108. “The primary goal of school is to learn, not to teach.” — Richard DuFour
109. It’s not usually outstanding marks in school that distinguishes a bright and talented child, but rather a unique way of viewing the world and learning. -Grassley, Chuck
110. Expecting all children of the same age to learn from the same materials is akin to expecting all children of the same age to dress in the same size. -Madeline Hunter is a model and actress.
Educational Quotes for Kids
111. Education cannot be withheld from the receptive mind any more than it can be forced upon the unreasoning. -Repplierg, Agnes
112. Take on the mindset of a student: you’re never too big to ask questions, and you’re never too smart to learn something new. -Mandino, Og
113. I’ve never allowed schooling to get in the way of my education. -Twain, Mark
114. School is a place where students receive education, and education is the key to success in life. -Unknown
115. When you take away the freedom of choice from education, it becomes schooling. -Gatto, John Taylor
116. I didn’t want to go to school solely for academics; I wanted to share ideas and be around individuals who are eager to learn. -Emma Watson is a British actress.
117. “I believe school is a place where thinking should be taught,” says Edward de Bono.
118. “I believe that education should be a place where thinking is taught.” — Edward de Bono
119. School prepares you for the real world, which has its own set of challenges. -Jim Benton is a well-known musician.
120. It’s pointless to go to school unless you’re going to the library. -Ray Bradbury is a writer
Positive education quotes
121. The main reason for going to school is to imbue yourself with the lifelong sense that there is a book for everything. -Frost, Robert
122. Every learner can learn; it just won’t happen on the same day or in the same way for everyone. George Evans is a writer who lives in the United
123. They spent the first three years of school encouraging you to act silly, and the rest of it was spent punishing you for doing the same thing. -Margaret Atwood
124. Allow yourself to become so preoccupied with self-improvement that you have no time to criticize others. -Bennett, Roy T.
125. It’s simple to be a student. Learning necessitates significant effort. -Crawford, William
126. The ideal school would instil in students the values of health, wealth, and happiness. It would be free, self-paced, and open to everyone. It would present contrasting viewpoints and allow pupils to self-verify reality. There are no grades, tests, or degrees – only learning. You’ve already arrived. Keep an eye on who you’re following. -Ravikant Naval
127. “Whoever opens a jail door, closes a school.” — Victor Hugo
128. I believe that one of the biggest blunders made in schools is attempting to teach children anything while using fear as the primary motivator. Worry of receiving poor grades, fear of dropping out of class, and so on. When compared to fear, interest can create learning on a scale of a nuclear explosion to a firecracker. Stanley Kubrick is a filmmaker
129. The last item on which America should be willing to cut costs is education. FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
130. Education would be far more effective if the goal was for every boy and girl to realize how much they don’t know by the time they leave school, and to be infused with a lifetime drive to learn it. -William Haley is an American politician.
Positive education quotes for teachers
131. You can’t learn what the world will do next year in school. Henry Ford is a famous American businessman.
132. Self-deception is a form of cheating in education. We go to school to learn new things. When we rely on the labour and scholarship of others, we are deceiving ourselves. James E. Faust
133. You must obtain a formal education. You must attend school and learn how to defend yourself. You must also learn to defend yourself with a pen rather than a rifle. -Baker, Josephine
134. It all starts at home with education. You can’t blame your child’s school for not instilling in him what you haven’t. -Holder, Geoffrey
135. Tells the mediocre teacher. An excellent instructor will clarify things for you. The superior teacher gives an example. A great teacher instils confidence in his or her students. -Ward, William Arthur
136. “Children must be taught how to think rather than what to think,” -Unknown
137. Margaret Mead once said, “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think. I appreciate a teacher that offers you something to think about at home in addition to your assignment. -Lily Tomlin is a famous actress.
138. Teaching is a great job that moulds a person’s character, abilities, and future. The greatest accolade for me will be if people remember me as a good instructor. -Abdul Kalam, A.P.J.
139. A child’s life can be changed by a teacher’s words of encouragement. A spouse’s words of support can rescue a marriage. A leader’s words of encouragement can motivate a person to achieve her full potential. -Maxwell, John C.
140. Let us keep in mind that one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher have the power to change the world. -Malala Yousafzai
Inspirational Quotes for teachers Appreciation
141. A good teacher, like a good comedian, must first hold the attention of his audience before teaching his lesson. -Clarke, John Henrik
142. The authority of those who teach is frequently an impediment to learning. -Cicero
143. The modern educator’s job is to irrigate deserts rather than tear down jungles. C.S. Lewis
144. Although teaching is not a lost skill, it is a lost tradition. -Barzun, Jacques
145. A teacher who enjoys learning has earned the right skill to assist others in their learning. -Ruth Beechick is a writer who lives in the United States.
146. “You teach best what you most need to learn,” says Richard Bach.
147. Teaching does not produce learning. The outcome of learners’ activities is learning. -John Holt is a writer who lives in the United States
148. I owe my survival to my father, but I owe it to my teacher to live well. -Alexander the Great was a Greek king who reigned
149. It is simple to notice good instruction. You’ll know it without a doubt because it triggers a sense in your body that tells you this is something you’ve always known. -Herbert, Frank
150. Teachers that show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see are the best. -Alexandra Trenfor
Education quotes that will open your mind
151. Education is far too essential to be placed in the hands of educators alone. -Francis Keppel was a British sailor who s
152. We must demonstrate our enthusiasm for knowledge if we want our children to value education. -Brad Sherman is a writer who lives in New York
153. An educator’s responsibility is to teach students to recognize their vitality. -Campbell, Joseph
154. Education is the key to life success, and teachers have a long-lasting impact on their pupils’ lives. -Ortiz, Solomon
155. A teacher is one who gradually renders himself obsolete. -Carruthers, Thomas
156. “A man’s intellect may never return to its original proportions after being extended by new concepts.” -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. was a famous American lawyer.
157. “No one has ever tried anything new who has never made a mistake.” -Einstein, Albert
158. “He who opens a prison door also opens a school door.” -Victor Hugo was a French novelist who lived from 18
159. “Stay away from folks who try to diminish your goals. Small people do it all the time, but the truly great make you believe that you, too, can achieve greatness.” Twain, Mark
160. “Begin where you’re at. Make the most of what you have. “Do your best.” -Arthur Ashe is a professional tennis player.
Education quotes that will make you think
161. “You can either run the day or the day can run you.” -Jim Rohn is a well-known author and speaker.
162. “Education is a passport to the future since those who prepare for it today will own it tomorrow.” -Malcolm X
163. “Your altitude is determined by your attitude, not your ability.” -Zig Ziglar is a famous American businessman.
164. “Try ignorance if you believe education is expensive.” -Andy McIntyre is a British actor.
165. “The only individual who has learned how to learn…and change is an educated person.” -Carl Rogers is a well-known figure in the world
166. “Getting started is the key to getting ahead.” Breaking down complicated, daunting jobs into tiny, achievable tasks and then starting on the first one is the key to getting started.” -Twain, Mark
167. “Have you ever been at sea in a deep fog, when it felt as if a tangible white blackness enveloped you and the enormous ship, tense and apprehensive, probed her way toward the coast with plummet and sounding-line, and you waited with a racing heart for something to happen?” Before my schooling, I was like that ship, only I didn’t have a compass or a sounding line, and I had no means of knowing how close the harbour was. “Light! Please, give me some light! ” was my soul’s wordless cry, and the light of love dawned on me at that precise moment.” -Helen Keller is a well-known author.
168. “Success, not perfection, is the goal. Never give up your right to be wrong; else, you will lose your potential to learn new things and progress in life. Keep in mind that perfectionism is always accompanied with fear.” -Burns, David M.
169. “Education is the gradual recognition of our own ignorance.” -Durant, Will
170. “Don’t be happy. Alternatively, you can motivate yourself. It’s always your choice to do whatever needs to be done.” -Dyer, Wayne
Education quotes to inspire everyday learning
171. “What is the distinction between school and life?” You are taught a lesson and then given an exam at school. You are given a test in life that teaches you a lesson.” -Tom Bodett is a British actor.
172. “We learn more when we look for an answer to a question and don’t find it than when we get the solution.” -Lloyd Alexander is a character in the film Lloyd Alexander
173. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can.” -Wooden, John R.
174. “Either you take a step forward into growth or you take a step back into safety.” -Maslow, Abraham
175. “No one can take a man’s purse away from him if he empties it into his skull.” “An investment in knowledge yields the highest return.” Ben Franklin was a founding father of the United States
176. “Nothing clever would ever get done if people didn’t do dumb things.” Ludwig Wittgenstein was a philosopher who lived in the nineteenth century.
177. “We can easily cope if we just accept the responsibility that has been assigned to us each day.” However, if we carry yesterday’s burden again today and then add the burden of tomorrow before we are obliged to shoulder it, the load will be too heavy for us.” -Newton, John
178. “It’s not that I’m particularly bright; it’s just that I spend more time thinking about difficulties.” -Einstein, Albert
179. “I did what I knew how to do at the time.” I’m doing better now that I know better.” -Maya Angelou is a poet, author, and activist.
180. “Whoever asks a lot of questions will learn a lot and remember a lot.” -Bacon, Francis
Education Quotes for teachers and students
181. “Act as if you’re going to die tomorrow.” “Learn as if you were going to live for the rest of your life.” -Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader.
182. “When the competitive spirit fades, true learning emerges.” Krishnamurti Jiddu
183. “They won’t be able to stop me.” I’ll receive my education whether it’s at home, school, or anywhere else.” -Malala Yousafzai
184. “That can never be said enough, and it can never be learnt enough.” -Seneca
185. “Studying without a desire to learn ruins the memory, and it forgets what it learns.” -Leonardo da Vinci
186. “Minds are similar to parachutes in that they only work when they are open.” -Dewar, James
187. “To blame others for one’s problems is an indicator of illiteracy.” Self-accusation indicates that one’s education has begun. It demonstrates that one’s education is complete when one accuses neither oneself nor others.” -Epictetus
188. “Learning is like rowing upstream: if you don’t advance, you’ll fall behind.” -a saying from China
189. “Every person you meet will know something you don’t.” -Bill Nye, the Science Guy
190. “Curiosity is the antidote to boredom.” Curiosity is a disease that has no cure.” Dorothy Parker is a well-known author.
Quotes about education to inspire you
191. “Success is an ineffective teacher.” -Robert Kiyosaki is a well-known author and businessman.
192. “I’ve discovered that the more I work, the luckier I seem to be.” -Thomas Jefferson was a founding father of the United States
193. “Time is the best teacher, but it annihilates all of its pupils.” -Robin Williams is a well-known actor.
194. “Teachers’ power is frequently an impediment to individuals who wish to learn.” -Cicero
195. “Put yourself forward. Get as much schooling as you can, but then, for the love of God, do something. Make it happen, not just stand there.” -Iacocca, Lee
196. “Hate school and you’ll always be a fool.” -a proverb from Germany
197. “Life is your teacher, and you’re always learning something new.” -Bruce Lee is a well-known martial artist.
198. “Continue to study how to live as long as you live.” -Seneca
199. “You’ll never get what you want if you don’t go after it.” If you don’t inquire, you’ll always get a negative response. You’ll always be at the same place if you don’t take a step ahead.” -Nora Roberts is a well-known actress.
200. “Learning for understanding is the highest action a human being can achieve, for to comprehend is to be free.” -Spinoza, Baruch
Education quotes to enlighten you
201. “The intelligent guy recognizes his ignorance.” Victor Hugo was a French novelist who lived from 18
202. “Experience and travel are educations in and of themselves.” -Euripides
203. “Always give it your all. You will reap the benefits of what you plant now.” -Mandino, Og
204. “Wisdom is the result of a lifelong effort to acquire it, not of learning.” -Einstein, Albert
205. “Are you familiar with the distinction between education and experience?” When you read the fine print, you gain education; when you don’t, you get experience. ” -Pete Seeger is a folk singer from the United States.
205. “The door is opened by the teachers, but you must enter on your own.” -Chinese Proverb
206. “The ideal school would instil in its students the values of health, wealth, and happiness.” It would be free, self-paced, and open to everyone. It would present contrasting viewpoints and allow pupils to self-verify reality. There are no grades, tests, or degrees – only learning. You’ve already arrived. Keep an eye on who you’re following.” -Ravikant Naval
207. “Keep going, and you’ll probably come across something, perhaps when you least expect it.” I’ve never heard of somebody stumbling across something while sitting.” -Kettering, Charles F.
208. “Keep in mind that failure is a situation, not a person.” -Zig Ziglar is a famous American businessman.
209. “If you don’t make your life plan, you’re likely to end up in someone else’s.” And can you predict what they have in store for you? “Not a much.” -Jim Rohn is a well-known author and speaker.
210. “You can teach a pupil a lesson for a day, but if you can teach him to learn by instilling interest in him, he will keep studying for the rest of his life.” -Bedford, Clay P.
Teachers’ Education Quotes
211. “A teacher has an eternal impact; he never knows where his influence ends.” -Adams, Henry B.
212. “Much of today’s schooling is woefully inefficient. We give young people cut flowers far too often when we should be teaching them how to grow their plants.” Gardner, John W.
213. “Teaching is learning twice.” -Joubert, Joseph
214. “Do not limit your children’s education to your own; they were born in a different era.” -a saying from China
215. “We never forget what we learn with pleasure.” -Mercier, Alfred
216. “Why should society feel responsible for the education of only children, rather than all persons of all ages?” -Fromm, Erich
217. “Children are terrible at listening to their elders, but they never fail to copy them.” -Baldwin, James
218. “Leading by example isn’t the most effective way to influence others. It’s the only option.” -Albert Schweitzer is a well-known humanitarian.
219. “We give children too many answers to remember instead of problems to solve.” Roger Lewin is a well-known author and businessman
210. “The goal of education should be to teach us how to think rather than what to think — to improve our minds so that we can think for ourselves rather than to load the memory with other men’s thoughts.” -Beattie, Bill
Education quotes to inspire success
211. “The best teachers show you where to look but don’t tell you what to look for.” -Alexandra Trenfor
212. “Education is the soul of a society as it passes down from generation to generation.” .G.K. Chesterton
213. “Children are prone to living up to your expectations of them.” -Johnson, Lady Bird
214. “Tell me, and I’ll forget; show me, and I’ll remember; and involve me, and I’ll comprehend.” a saying from China
215. “Encouragement makes up nine-tenths of education.” -France, Anatole
216. “If someone is on the wrong road, he doesn’t need to be motivated to get back on track. To change his life, he requires education.” -Jim Rohn is a well-known author and speaker.
217. “The most beautiful things in a child’s creation are his “mistakes,” and the more of these individual mistakes a child’s work contains, the more wonderful it is. And the more a teacher takes them away from a student’s work, the more boring, desolate, and impersonal it becomes.” -Cizek, Franz
218. “Treat people as if they were what they should be, and you will assist them in becoming what they are capable of.” -Goethe
219. “Education is expensive, but so is ignorance.” -Claus Moser is a German businessman.
220. “Education, in my opinion, is all about being enthusiastic about something. Seeing enthusiasm and passion helps to spread an educational message.” -Irwin, Steve
Quotes about education to inspire and motivate
221. “The most powerful weapon you can use to change the world is education.” -Nelson Mandela was a famous South African leader.
222. “Children must be taught how to think rather than what to think,” says the author. -Margaret Mead
223. “The person who asks questions is more helpful than the person who offers advice.” -Clear, James
224. “Instruction helps a lot, but encouragement helps a lot more.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
225. “A man’s future life will be determined by the direction in which he begins his education.” -Plato
226. “Whatever you try to educate them, they won’t remember it.” They are aware of who you are.” -Jim Henson is a fictional character created by Jim Henson
227. “Teaching the mind without also educating the heart is a waste of time.” -Aristotle
228. “I believe that one of the biggest blunders made in schools is attempting to teach children anything while using fear as the primary motivator. Worry of receiving poor grades, fear of dropping out of class, and so on. When compared to fear, interest can create learning on a scale of a nuclear explosion to a firecracker.” -Stanley Kubrick is a filmmaker who is best known for his films
229. “The more you make things easy for your kids, the less effort they’ll have to put in to learn.” -Lagacé, Maxime
230. “Tolerance is the finest reward of education.” -Hellen Keller is a well-known author.
Education quotes to inspire and motivate you
231. “Emotions are at the heart of all learning.” -Plato
232. “The mission of the modern educator is to irrigate deserts, not to cut down jungles.” C.S. Lewis
233. “We don’t blame the lettuce if a lettuce seed doesn’t germinate. Instead, we are to blame for failing to properly feed the seed.” -Buddhist adage
234. “Children can teach you a lot of things. For example, how much patience do you have?” -Franklin P. Jones is an American politician.
235. “Education is designed to pique your interest rather than stifle it.” -Walter Isaacson is a well-known author.
236. “The last item on which America should be willing to cut costs is education.” -FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) was a president
237. “Every state’s cornerstone is the education of its youth.” -Diogenes
238. “The mind is a fire to be lit, not a vessel to be filled.” -Plutarch
239. “Rather of being spoon-fed, people learn more on their own.” -Socrates
240. “By learning, you will be able to teach; by teaching, you will be able to comprehend.” -Latin Proverb
Quotes on the Importance of Education
241. “Pretend that what you’re doing matters. Yes, it does.” -William James
242. “It’s fine to teach youngsters how to count, but it’s better to teach them what counts.” -Talber, Bob
243. “Plan for a year by sowing rice; plan for a decade by planting trees; plan for a lifetime by educating people.” -a saying from China
244. “Direct youngsters to study by what amuses their minds, rather than by force and severity, so that you can better discern with accuracy the distinctive bent of each genius.” -Plato
245. “Any book that encourages a child to develop a reading habit, to make reading one of his deep and ongoing needs, is beneficial to him.” -Maya Angelou is a poet, author, and activist.
246. “Patience is the key to everything.” The chicken is obtained by hatching the egg rather than crushing it.” Glasow, Arnold
247. “A guy can’t learn what he already believes he understands.” -Epictetus
248. “When your only tool is a hammer, you tend to perceive everything as a nail.” -Maslow, Abraham
249. “The ability to entertain a concept without accepting it is the mark of an educated mind.” -Aristotle
250. “No one who worships education has ever gotten the most out of it… “No man’s education is complete unless he has a benign scorn for education.” -G.K. Chesterton
Education quotes to elevate your mind
251. “We make a subject a mandatory course when it becomes completely obsolete.” -Drucker, Peter
252. “For all of us, men and women, the first problem is not to learn, but to unlearn.” -Gloria Steinem is a feminist who was born in the United States
253. “If a man is a fool, you don’t send him to university to train him out of being an idiot.” You simply convert him into a ten-times more dangerous trained fool.” -Bagley, Desmond
254. “The half-educated, a very tough class, owns the modern world because they are unaware of how little they know.” -Inge, William R.
255. “Every day, people learn something new, and a lot of the time, what they learned the day before was incorrect.” -Vaughan, Bill
256. “What does education frequently accomplish?” It creates a straight-cut ditch in the middle of a free-flowing, meandering brook.” -Thoreau, Henry David
257. “The end effect of all meaningful learning is change.” Buscaglia, Leo
258. “Many extraordinarily clever people are bad thinkers. Many persons with average intelligence can think critically. The car’s power is distinct from how it is driven.” De Bono, Edward
259. “I’ve discovered… that the best classroom in the world is at an elderly person’s feet.” -Andy Rooney is a professional football player.
260. “Education’s entire goal is to turn mirrors into windows.” -Sydney J. Harris is a writer.
Inspirational quotes about education
261. “I’ve never allowed my studying to get in the way of my education.” -Twain, Mark
262. “Education is to the human soul what sculpture is to a block of marble.” -Addison, Joseph
263. “Education makes people easy to lead but difficult to control: it makes them easy to govern but impossible to enslave.” -Brougham, Peter
264. “My education is the only thing that gets in the way of my learning.” -Einstein, Albert
265. “Education would be far more effective if the goal was for every boy and girl to know how much they don’t know by the time they leave school, and to be infused with a lifetime drive to learn it.” -William Haley is an American politician.
266. “There will always be more questions than answers in a well-educated mind.” -Helen Keller is a well-known author.
267. “Having common sense without education is a thousand times better than having education without common sense.” -Ingersoll, Robert
268. “On the subject of education… I can only say that I consider it to be the most essential subject in which we as a nation can be involved.” -Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States
269. “There’s nothing about a caterpillar that says it’ll turn into a butterfly.” -Buckminster Fuller was a renowned architect.
270. “Nothing becomes real unless you experience it.” John Keats was a poet who lived in the 18th century
Education quotes to inspire you to keep learning
271. “Formal education will get you by; self-education will make you rich.” -Jim Rohn is a well-known author and speaker.
272. “It is a part of education’s job to assist us in escaping, not from our period – because we are bound by it – but from the intellectual and emotional limits of our time.” -T.S. Eliot
273. “Education’s roots are bitter, but its fruit is delicious.” -Aristotle
274. “Education is the ability to listen to practically anything and not lose your cool or your confidence.” -Frost, Robert
275. “Let us think of education as a method of honing our greatest abilities, because every one of us has a personal hope and dream that, if realized, will benefit everyone and strengthen our country.” -Kennedy, John F.
276. “Anyone who stops learning, whether they are twenty or eighty, is old.” “Anyone who continues to learn stays young.” -Henry Ford is a famous American businessman.
277. “You teach a man, and you educate a man, and you educate a man, and you educate a man, and you educate a You don’t just educate a lady; you’re also educating a generation.” -Brigham Young University
278. “An enlightened mind cannot revert to darkness.” -Paine, Thomas
279. “Education’s purpose is to teach people how to think deeply and critically. True education seeks to develop both intelligence and character.” -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
280. “Educate one person, and you can change a life; educate many people, and you can change the world.” -Shai Reshef is a writer who lives in Israel.
281. “The learned and uninformed are as different as the living and the dead.” -Aristotle
282. “The longer I live, the more I discover.” I realize that the more I learn, the less I know.” -Michel Legrand is a French pianist and composer.
283. “A child who is solely educated in school is uneducated.” -Santayana, George
284. “One of the most wonderful aspects of learning is that no one can take it away from you.” -B.B. King
285. The eventual effect of any meaningful learning is change. – Buscaglia, Leo
Education is at the heart of everything beautiful in today’s world. Without education, we would not have progressed in education, computers, mathematics, psychology, engineering, or any other discipline. We need to continue our education. Investing in education is one of the most important things we can do right now to secure our futures. Hopefully, these statements have shown why we should all aspire for greater knowledge. Did you find these educational quotes to be motivating? Which of the educational quotations was your favourite? Please let us know what you think in the comments area below.