When God is About to Bless You, He First Reveals Your Enemies: Navigating Spiritual Warfare with Faith. In our journey of faith, we may encounter obstacles and challenges that seem to hinder us from experiencing God’s blessings. However, these trials are often opportunities for God to reveal our enemies and prepare us for the abundant blessings He has in store.
As Christians, we must recognize that spiritual warfare is real, and when God is about to bless us, He may unveil hidden oppositions. In this blog article, we will explore the concept of God revealing our enemies before showering us with blessings. Through relatable anecdotes and biblical insights, we will learn how to navigate spiritual warfare with faith and emerge victorious in God’s plan for our lives.
I. Understanding Spiritual Warfare:
- Ephesians 6:12 – “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”
Explanation: Spiritual warfare involves battles that are beyond physical circumstances. It is essential to recognize that unseen forces may try to hinder God’s blessings in our lives.
- 1 Peter 5:8 – “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
Explanation: The enemy seeks to attack us and create barriers to the blessings God has in store for us. Being watchful and alert is crucial in recognizing these attacks.
II. Recognizing Signs of Opposition:
- Internal Struggles:
- An overwhelming sense of doubt and fear regarding God’s promises.
- Consistent feelings of unworthiness or inadequacy.
- Persistent negative self-talk that hinders personal growth.
- External Resistance:
- Strained relationships with individuals who oppose your faith or aspirations.
- Unexpected conflicts and challenges that seem to arise whenever progress is made.
- Negative feedback or criticism that attempts to undermine your faith and calling.
III. Embracing God’s Preparation:
- 1 Peter 4:12 – “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.”
Explanation: Trials and oppositions should not be a surprise in the life of a believer. Instead, they serve as a preparation for the blessings to come.
- James 1:2-4 – “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
Explanation: Challenges refine our faith, making us more steadfast and mature in our walk with God.
IV. Praying for Discernment and Protection:
- Psalm 91:4-7 – “He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings, you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.”
Explanation: Through prayer, seek God’s protection and discernment to identify and overcome the enemies that may try to hinder God’s blessings in your life.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – “But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.”
Explanation: Trust in God’s faithfulness to guard and protect you from the schemes of the enemy.
V. Strengthening Your Faith:
- Romans 10:17 – “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”
Explanation: Immerse yourself in God’s Word to strengthen your faith and overcome the doubts planted by the enemy.
- Hebrews 11:6 – “And without faith, it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
Explanation: Trusting in God’s faithfulness and promises will position you to receive the blessings He has in store.
VI. Seeking Support from the Body of Christ:
- Galatians 6:2 – “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Explanation: Seek support and encouragement from fellow believers who can walk alongside you during times of spiritual warfare.
- Ecclesiastes 4:12 – “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Explanation: Together with other believers, you can withstand the enemy’s attacks and emerge stronger in faith.
As followers of Christ, we must recognize that when God is about to bless us, He may first reveal our enemies to prepare us for the journey ahead. Spiritual warfare is an inevitable part of the Christian walk, but through faith, prayer, and God’s Word, we can overcome the oppositions that seek to hinder our blessings.
Embrace the trials and challenges, knowing that they serve to refine your faith and make you stronger in Christ. Seek discernment and protection through prayer, trusting in God’s faithfulness to guard and guide you. Strengthen your faith through God’s Word and surround yourself with a supportive community of believers. Remember, when the enemy tries to stand against God’s blessings, stand firm in your faith, knowing that greater blessings await those who persevere.